I’d never visited any of the Emirates, so I was beyond excited when we decided to spend the final days of 2021 in Dubai! Good food, sunshine, beach vibes… What better way to ring in the New Year?! Our holiday started the moment we boarded the Qatar Airways plane. The airline company is awarded ‘World’s Best Airline’ with ‘World’s Best Business Class’ in the Skytrax World Airline Awards 2021, and it shows!
We had a short lay-over at Hamad International Airport in Doha. This airport is the hub of Qatar Airways and was named “Best Airport in the World 2021” (World Airport Awards 2021) and awarded with a 5-star Covid-19 Airport Safety Rating by Skytrax.The lay-over was smooth and carefree, and the airport is so spacious, clean, and all the shops are open 24/7! When we returned home from Dubai we had an 8 hour lay-over in Doha, the perfect time to check into the Oryx Airport Hotel, which is located in a central spot of the airport and is the perfect hide-out if you have a longer lay-over time. I resisted the urge to roam the A terminal and visit the boutiques, instead we jumped into bed and had a wonderful night’s sleep. A wake-up call 45 minutes before the gate opened allowed for the maximum amount of rest and made us board the plane carefree and well-rested.
We had a wonderful experience traveling with Qatar Airways and will choose them for future travels as well. Might go for an upgrade to Business Class to truly enjoy all of the benefits next time!
A selection of perks when flying Qatar Airways:
- 1 hour of free on-board Wifi to stay in touch with friends and family through messaging.
- Free seating choice in Business Class & Economy Class Convenient and Comfort
- 25 kg baggage allowance in Economy Class and 40 kg as standard in Business Class.
- The best on-board entertainment service: from series over music and games to blockbusters. I particularly enjoyed the selection of classics such as Roman Holiday
- Earn Qmiles to put towards future purchases and trips